Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 13-0934    Version:
Type: Agenda Item Status: Approved
File created: 7/25/2013 In control: Board of Supervisors
On agenda: 4/29/2014 Final action: 4/29/2014
Title: Community Development Agency, Transportation Division, recommending the Board ratify the Acting Community Development Agency Director’s signature on DTFH68-13-E-00077 Modification No. 001 dated March 6, 2014 with the Federal Highway Administration for the Ice House Road Rehabilitation Project, extending the performance period from December 30, 2013 to April 30, 2014.
Attachments: 1. 3A - Modification #001 4-29-14, 2. 2A - App CRS 3-4-14, 3. 2B - Ice House Road Reimbursable Agreement 3-4-14, 4. 2C - Site Location Map 3-4-14, 5. A - App CRS 7-30-13, 6. B - Draft Reimbursable Agmt 7-30-13, 7. Executed Agreement DTFH68-13-E-00077 and Blue Contract Route.pdf
Title
Community Development Agency, Transportation Division, recommending the Board ratify the Acting Community Development Agency Director’s signature on DTFH68-13-E-00077 Modification No. 001 dated March 6, 2014 with the Federal Highway Administration for the Ice House Road Rehabilitation Project, extending the performance period from December 30, 2013 to April 30, 2014.
Body
Fiscal Impact/Change to Net County Cost
There is no funding or Net County Cost associated with this agenda item.

Background
On July 30, 2013, the Board of Supervisors (Board) allocated $7,000 for the preparation of a project scoping report, project agreement, and project delivery plan for the Ice House Road Rehabilitation Project. At that time, the requested grant amount for the project was estimated to be $3.8 million. During the scoping phase of the project and through discussions with the FHWA Central Federal Lands Highway Division, it was determined that there were a number of additional rehabilitation and safety features that could be funded through the grant to improve the safety of Ice House Road.

Added project features include:
a) Grading and signing numerous pull-out areas.
b) Roadside tree and vegetation removal to improve sight distance and minimize vehicle/animal conflicts.
c) Addition of delineators and chevrons to mark roadside drop-offs.
d) Installation of drop inlets at locations where pipe end sections/catch basins are close to the road.
e) A centerline rumble strip is also being considered.
f) Drainage culvert repairs and replacement.

These additional items of work, along with a 10% contingency amount have increased the estimated project cost amount to $4,742,100. Of this amount 11.47% or $543,920 is the El Dorado County Local Match portion, with the remaining 88.53% or $4,198,180 funded by the California Access Program grant.

On April 30, 2013, the County of El Dorado (County) submitted a California Access Program grant application package to fund pavemen...

Click here for full text