Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 08-0401    Version: 1
Type: Agenda Item Status: Department Matters
File created: 3/13/2008 In control: Board of Supervisors
On agenda: 4/1/2008 Final action:
Title: Mental Health Department recommending adoption of Resolution 86-2008 authorizing the Chairman to sign Agreement 07-77309-000 with the California Department of Mental Health in the amount of $5,171,662 for Fiscal Years 2004-2005 through 2007-2008 superseding Agreement 05-75531-000 previously approved by the Board; and the Director of said Department be authorized to approve Agreement modifications and sign programmatic and financial reports as required by the state for compliance with Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) statutes and regulations. FUNDING: State MHSA funds.
Attachments: 1. BOS_resolution_request_MHSA Contract, 2. CA DMH MHSA 04-08, 3. MHSA 644-S0711-curr contract, 4. BOS_resolution_request_MHSA Contract-REVISED
Related files: 08-0471, 08-0575
Title
Mental Health Department recommending adoption of Resolution 86-2008 authorizing the Chairman to sign Agreement 07-77309-000 with the California Department of Mental Health in the amount of $5,171,662 for Fiscal Years 2004-2005 through 2007-2008 superseding Agreement 05-75531-000 previously approved by the Board; and the Director of said Department be authorized to approve Agreement modifications and sign programmatic and financial reports as required by the state for compliance with Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) statutes and regulations.

FUNDING: State MHSA funds.

Body
BUDGET SUMMARY:
Total Estimated Cost $5,171,662

Funding
Budgeted $5,171,662
New Funding $
Savings $
Other $
Total Funding Available $5,171,662
Change To Net County Cost $0

Fiscal Impact/Change to Net County Cost: The total amount of the new funding agreement is $5,171,662 with 75% received as an advance and the remaining 25% received when required reports are filed and approved by the California Department of Mental Health. There is no Change to Net County Cost.

Background: In November 2004, California voters passed Proposition 63, now known as the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA). In January 2006, the Board approved submittal to the State of the Department’s three-year plan for MHSA Community Services and Supports. This three-year plan was formally approved by the State on April 28, 2006, and El Dorado County was authorized to receive MHSA funding effective the first day of the month of approval - April 1, 2006.

In El Dorado County, MHSA finances an integrated services program for mentally ill adults and transitional age youth; a wraparound program for children and transitional age youth; a Mental Health Court program in South Lake Tahoe; an older adult outreach program; and a Latino outreach program. The MHD is also beginning implementation of Workforce Education and Training planning and Prevent...

Click here for full text