Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 08-0405    Version: 1
Type: Agenda Item Status: Approved
File created: 3/14/2008 In control: Board of Supervisors
On agenda: 4/1/2008 Final action: 4/1/2008
Title: Mental Health Department recommending Chairman be authorized to sign retroactive Agreement 371-S0811 with Remi Vista, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $250,000 for the term February 7, 2008 through February 28, 2010 to provide Medi-Cal reimbursable Specialty Mental Health Services (SMHS) for minors. FUNDING: Approximately 90% of funding is provided by Medi-Cal/Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT) reimbursement, with the remaining 10% from realignment.
Attachments: 1. Remi Vista 08-10
Title
Mental Health Department recommending Chairman be authorized to sign  retroactive Agreement 371-S0811 with Remi Vista, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $250,000 for the term February 7, 2008 through February 28, 2010 to provide Medi-Cal reimbursable Specialty Mental Health Services (SMHS) for minors.
 
FUNDING:  Approximately 90% of funding is provided by Medi-Cal/Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT) reimbursement, with the remaining 10% from realignment.
Body
BUDGET SUMMARY:
 
 
Total Estimated Cost
 
$250,000
 
 
 
     Funding
 
 
          Budgeted
$250,000
 
          New Funding
$
 
          Savings
$
 
          Other
$
 
     Total Funding Available
$250,000
 
Change To Net County Cost
 
$0
       
Fiscal Impact/Change to Net County Cost
There is no net change to county cost.
 
Funding for the current fiscal year is secure.   Funding beyond this fiscal year may be subject to changes in how Medi-Cal services are reimbursed by the state.   However, the Governor's recently submitted proposed budget will likely have only minimal impacts on the Department's funding for these services.  
 
REASON FOR RECOMMENDATION
The Medi-Cal Services provided under this contract are entitlements that the County is mandated to provide and the state is required to pay for them in accordance with established formulas.  MHD fulfills its obligations through its own clinical operations as well as through vendors contracted to provide Specialty Mental Health Services on behalf of the MHD.  These services include assessments, individual and group therapy, therapeutic behavioral services and crisis intervention.  The vendor being contracted with through this action, Remi Vista, Inc., is one of various vendors that comprise the Mental Health Department's continuum of providers with expertise in various areas and which supplement the Department's capacity to meet demand for services.   
 
This agreement will allow the MHD to rely on Remi Vista through February 28, 2010 to provide services to emotionally disturbed youth.  The agreement is for a two year term with a not to exceed amount of $250,000.00.   
 
The Purchasing Agent has coordinated the outside review of the contractor's qualifications to perform the needed services and concurs that Remi Vista has demonstrated its ability to perform the work.  The Purchasing Agent has also determined that it is appropriate to dispense with any competitive selection process for services performed by Remi Vista, Inc. as the department contracts with multiple firms for Specialty Mental Health Services for minors.  The Purchasing Agent concurs that the department's request is in compliance with Board of Supervisors Policy C-17, Sections 7.5 and 7.10.
This contract will be retroactive to February 7, 2008 due to the additional time necessary to complete the outside review process.
 
Action to be taken following Board approval:  
  
1.      The Board Chairman will sign two duplicates of Agreement #371-S0811 with Remi Vista, Inc.
2.      The Board Clerk's Office will forward the executed agreement to the Mental Health Department.
3.      The Mental Health Department will forward to the Procurement and Contracts division of the Chief Administrator's Office one duplicate of the fully executed agreement with original signatures, together with supporting administrative documents.
4.      The Mental Health Department will forward to Remi Vista, Inc. one duplicate of the fully executed agreement with original signatures.
 
Contact:   John Bachman, Ph.D., Mental Health
Concurrences :  This agreement has been approved by County Counsel and Risk Management and a copy is on file in the Board Clerk's Office.